Alex is one of the founding partners of Filip & Company and heads the Corporate, M&A and Capital Markets department. He has previously worked for seven years in the Bucharest, London and Paris offices of a Magic Circle firm. He has advised on a wide range of landmark transactions in Romania, in M&A, capital markets and complex finance.
Highlights in his activity include assisting:
- one of the leading telecommunications and media groups in CEE, on the largest private IPO ever on the Bucharest Stock-Exchange;
- one of the largest private equity funds in the world on the acquisition of the InBev operations in CEE (value USD 2.2 billion) on both the acquisition and the associated financing and then on the subsequent sale to Molson Coors (value USD 3.5 billion);
- one of the leading mobile telecommunication operators in the world on the acquisition of the leading Romanian mobile telecom operator (with a transaction value of over EUR 3 billion);
- the Romanian state on their EUR 20bn EMTN programme and multiple note issues for a total value of several billion EUR;
- a syndicate of 24 domestic and international lenders as mandated lead arrangers in EUR 1bn facility to OMV Petrom S.A. the largest oil and gas producer in Southern Europe, the largest banking facility to a Romanian borrower;